April 05, 2018
Omni King Edward Hotel, Toronto (Canada)
Now in its fourteenth year, the QCC Quebec City-Toronto (“QCC”) (formerly the Quebec City Conference), is a private, not-for-profit annual meeting alternating between Quebec City and Toronto each year, whose objectives are:
- To support private market investment activities in capital-intensive activities in key sectors underpinning our national economy whose competitiveness is largely dependent on Canada’s ability to innovate or directed at human and economic needs that are essential to Canada’s long-term sustainable economic development, including infrastructure, healthcare, clean energy, transport, agriculture and others
- To support the Canadian private market investment community (VC and PE Funds) by:
- Helping them to foster relationships of trust with leading members of the international private market investment ecosystem potentially interested in co-investing with them in Canada or internationally;
- Considering investment “best practices” and innovative investment models;
- Helping them in their fund-raising effort from leading international institutional investors.
QCC is by-invitation only and exclusive to:
- Leading members of the international private market investment ecosystem: pension plans, endowments, family offices, venture capital and private equity firms, industry experts and leading academics;
- Participants of QCC private Forums held the day before the Conference to support specific private market activities producing societal benefit. Including tech innovation.
Professional service providers are not invited except for QCC’s private sponsors and those invited to any QCC Forum.
Past speakers in the Quebec City Conference have included Stephen Schwarzman, Co-founder and CEO of Blackstone; Michael Spence, the 2001 Nobel Prize Laureate in Economic Sciences; VC and private equity pioneer Alan Patricof; Henry Kravis, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR); David M. Rubenstein, Co-founder of The Carlyle Group; Glenn Hutchins, Co-founder of Silver Lake; James Coulter, Co- founder of TPG Capital, Charles R. (Chip) Kaye, Co-President, Warburg Pincus; William Draper III of Draper Richards; John W. Snow, 73rd U.S. Secretary of the Treasury, Josh Lerner, Professor at Harvard Business School; and former Prime Ministers of Canada Brian Mulroney and Jean Chrétien.